LS-OPT 3.2 is available for all common platforms.
The following new features are available in Version 3.2:
- A standard deviation composite function has been added to allow Robust Parameter Design.
- Parameter Identification has been enhanced by providing the necessary graphical pre- and postprocessing features. Confidence intervals have been introduced to quantify the uncertainty of the optimal parameters. 2-D plot comparisons (computed vs. test results) are produced automatically using LS-PREPOST.
- The importation of user-defined sampling schemes has been made possible using text files with comma-separated values. These files can e.g. be created using Microsoft Excel.
- Matrix operations have been introduced. A special function allows the initialization of a matrix. Standard operations such as invert and transpose are supported (only 3 x 3 matrices). Any component can be recovered from a matrix.
- Result extraction has been extended to include a coordinate specification (as an alternative to node, element and part specifications) to identify the spatial location. The coordinate can be referred to a selected state. This feature is presently only supported for solid elements.
- A simple feature allows gathering and compression of the LS-OPT database.
- LS-DYNA d3plot compression is supported.
- Checking LS-DYNA keyword files has been introduced to avoid common output request problems.
- A feature has been introduced to retry aborted runs on queuing systems.
- 3-dimensional point plotting of results is introduced as an enhancement of metamodel surface plotting. Feasibility, iteration number are color-coded.
- Minor enhancements have been added to the GUI, e.g. the changing of internal window sizes (by using "sashes").